What is Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting?
Hosting utilizes a technology called Virtualization, to create isolated an isolated Virtual Machines for you with dedicated resources and full root access. It gives you all the features and functions of Dedicated server, without the additional cost.
What are the advantages of VPS Hosting?
- With VPS Hosting, you have complete isolation. This means that no matter what other users might be doing on the server, your VPS package will be unaffected. With root access, you can install whatever applications you require. VPS also gives you guaranteed resources, so no matter what, the CPU,RAM, HDD and Bandwidth allocated to your VPS package will always be available for your applications
What kind of software can I install on my VPS package?
- As you have full root access, you may install any compatible software on your VPS package. However, any software that violates our Acceptable Usage Policy will not be allowed.
Can I install cPanel or Plesk on my VPS package?
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
(b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
(c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
(d) protect against harm to rights, property or safety, of our users, us or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users by demographic. Such information does not identify you individually.
- As permitted and described in the respective terms of service of each of our services and in the stackarc.com Customer Master Agreement
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate.